Career Opportunity: Design/Product Development Assistant
Design/Product Development Assistant
Looking for a creative thinker to support the Designer(s) in the seasonal design
development process for our E-commerce needs, from concept to delivery, ensuring the
timely execution of each stage in the process.
- Assist and take direction from Designer(s) for preliminary design research; pull fabrics, develop
concepts and washes, assemble presentation boards for meetings, prepare mock-ups, color-ups, inspirational photos etc
- Track design schedule to ensure timely execution of product development calendar
- Support Designer(s) in creating Illustrator sketches; assist in preparation of specification sheets;
prepare designs for line review; prepare line sheets and update as necessary
- Maintain product development logs, line sheets, boards and design archives library; maintain
designs in Product Lifecycle Management (AIMS) system or shared drives
- Research and coordinate raw materials and trims for approval; maintain fabric/trim library
- Review lab dips with Designer(s); coordinate print and graphics where appropriate; observe and assist with fit process when needed
- Follow-up with internal departments including operations & production; facilitate interoffice communication
- Bachelor or AA Degree in Fashion Design
- Proficient with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office Excel
- Graphic design abilities/experience a plus
- Basic knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, silhouettes, color ways, sewing techniques, fabrication and trim.
- Must be organized, highly detailed, able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, work independently as well as be a team player
Interested in this position?
Send us an email with a copy of your resume at: