Career Opportunity: Photo Editor/ Retoucher
Sundry is looking for a high-level and dynamic freelance Photo Editor/Retoucher with excellent visual, communication, and organizational skills as well as a strong adherence to deadlines to join our growing creative team. You will be responsible for retouching imagery (digital, wholesale & e-commerce) and organizing assets across all channels.
- Image retouching, editing/enhancing/resizing, color correction/shifting, clean up, removing elements or blemishes, outlining, merging multiple images when needed, composting for placement on our site, publications, email campaigns, catalogs, advertising and more.
- Retouch both Product and Human Talent (models)
- Responsible for maintaining high quality while executing a high volume of images under tight deadlines.
- Naming images according to agreed upon process of product photography
- Ability to receive creative direction from Creative Leads and make changes when necessary
- BA/BFA in Graphic Design, Motion Graphics, Photography, or work experience demonstrated in portfolio.
- 5+ years’ experience with editing/retouching imagery in the fashion industry for e-commerce
- A portfolio that demonstrates a high level of skill in digital imaging
- Social media and print editing skills
- Current with both existing and emerging media trends
- Knowledge and love of fashion and lifestyle
- Thorough knowledge of color correction (i.e. background recoloring, garment recoloring)
- Strong ability to manipulate imagery (i.e. reshaping, enhancing, removing elements or blemishes)
- A perfectionist eye for detail and color accuracy
- Strong sense of color theory and attention to detail
- Understanding and Intuition of styling, art direction and design
- High technical proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically Photoshop
- Excellent time-management skills, well-organized, and ability to thrive in a deadline-driven, fast-paced, quick turnaround environment
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills